Singer/Band: John Denver
Tone: [D] Capo: 3 Fingerpicking/Strumming pattern:
[D]1. Where the wal-ker runs [G]down thru the [D] Carson Valley Plain
2. Her voice was as sweet as the sugar can-dy
4. But her pony did stumble and she did fall
1. there lived a [Dmaj7]maiden Darcy [e7]Farrow was her [A]name. [A9] [A]
2. Her touch was as soft as a bed of goose down
4. her dying touched the hearts of us one and all
1. The [D]daughter of Old Dundee and fair [G]one was [D]she
2. her eyes shone bright like the pretty lights
4. Young Vandy in his pain put a bullet thru his brain
1. the [G]swee[A]test flo[D]wer th[G]at bl[D]oomed ov[A]er the ra[D]nge.
2. that shine in the night out of Yerrington town.
4. we buried them togeher as the snow began to fall.
3. [D]She [D/C] was courted by [G]young [e][D]Vandamere
5. They sing of Darcy Farrow where the Truckee runs thru
3. a fine lad was [Dmaj7]he as [e7]I am to hear. [A] [A9] [A]
5. they sing of her beauty in Virginia City, too.
3. He [D]gave [D/C]her silver rings and [G]la- [e]cy [D]things
5. At dusky sun-down to her name they drink a round
3. she [G][A]promised to [D]wed [G]before the[D] snows [A]came that[D] year
5. and to young Van-dy whose love was true.E E7 A E
But her pony did stumble and she did fall
Her dying touched the [E7]hearts of us [E]one and [B]all
Young [E]Vandy in his [E7]pain put a [A]bullet through his [E]brain
And we [A]buried them [E]together as the [A]snows began to [E]fall
[E] [E7] [A] [E] [E7] [E] [B] [E] [E7] [A] [E] [A] [E] [A] [E]
They [E]sing of Darcy [E7]Farrow where the [A]Truckee runs [E]through
They sing of her [E7]beauty in Virginia [E]City [B]too
At [E]dusky [E7]sundown to her [A]name they drink a [E]round
And [A]to young [E]Vandy whose [A]love was [E]true